Tuesday 11 October 2011

Good and Bad day..

Today has been a day of good and bad news...

Bad news was, my grades have been slipping.. >.<
I am no longer nominated for Best Student of the Month. I guess it's a good thing I'm not nominated, because after 3 months, I've sorta taken it for granted. This is a good chance for me to maintain my standards and be better. Good motivation for me! I will be better this month, and get nominated again for OCT! I CAN DO IT!

Now for the good news.
Firstly, my Boss and Chef have worked things out and all will be restored @ work.. Ok, not everything restored, but I think this incident has taught us that nothing is to be taken for granted. We have to work at it, especially since we are all friends. Relationships between people takes a lot of work, even if they are close friends or work colleagues and even family members too. That's a lesson I will be keeping in mind for a long time.

Secondly, the bf and I are confirmed to get our own flat! Such an awesome stroke of luck, considering there's like 98 available flats vs 588 (including us) applications! And considering we only had 2 chances as compared to others who might have extra chances. The flats will be ready in 2014, so that's 2.5 years to save up for the renovations and the wedding. I'm not too fazed about it, because it is a long way to go, but still very happy..

And no, the bf hasn't proposed yet, but I will make sure he does before I agree to marry him.. Which is 2.5 years down the road.. =P So technically, I am engaged in the eyes of the law, but dun congratulate me yet. I might change my mind.. Haha...

So yea, all that happened in a day for me.. =)

The good outweighed the bad. My life is pretty awesome.. Haha..

Take care y'all.. Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful news! Both for the flat and for the engagement. 2.5 years will fly by! It will be here before you know it. ^^

    ReplyDelete