Sunday 8 July 2007

Catch-up

I went out last night to Holland Village to meet a friend I haven't seen in years. Its so strange how Singapore is so small, but yet people don't take the time to catch up as often as they should.

Huiyi is a very dear childhood friend of mine. We used to hang out and play everyday after school, because she happened to live directly above my mom's old workplace. And needless to say, we're always at her house watching tv, playing girly make-believe games and just having fun.

After I switched schools when I turned 10, I never really saw her again. We became involved in our own lives, new friends and just drifted apart. But we did meet once. 4 years ago, for lunch in town. I was surprised she actually contacted me to ask me out, and I thought why not. She was still the same as i remembered her then, only a bit more mature in thinking. But thats wat happens when people grow up.

So yesterday, we met up for coffee. Or rather, we had tea in a coffee place. It was a nice place, Essential Brew. Affordable prices, relaxed ambience and friendly staff were there to help this catch-up session progress smoothly. I was actually having 2nd thoughts about going because I was scared. Questions were going through my mind: What are we gonna talk about? What if it became awkward? What if we're both so different, we have nothing in common anymore?

But meeting her last night, was the best decision I have made in a while. It was as though the years never mattered. We still have loads to talk about, especially our school days. We talked about whats happening in our own lives, our goals for now and our own schoolmates' and whats happening with them. All in all a very good time.

I'm going over to her place laters to meet her mom, say hi since its a very long while. Then she's coming down to my mom's old workplace to meet the 'Jie jie' we like to tease when we were younger and also to see my mom. =) I think we'll make more time to meet up now..

-----

Tomorrow is Dad's birthday. I got a cake for him, and we're gonna celebrate with him today. =) I hope he enjoys today, considering his pet fish died like 2 days ago. He was sad, and I felt sad for him cause I know how it feels when a pet dies. Anyways, tats all for today. I'm going to get ready to go out.. =)

Have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment