Thursday 19 July 2007

Yes yes, I'm a sucker for romantic stories..

As the titles goes, I am really one. I like knowing about how couples meet and finally get together. Everyone has that special story and its just so 'Awwwwwwww" when you hear them talk about it and the way they look! As though its just yesterday and its just so heartwarming and cute..

Just read Cherry's blog and she posted about how she and Seng met, and I was thoroughly going 'Awww, so sweet'! =)

Although she said something about LDR (Long Distance Relationship) not working, I'll like to prove that wrong. Being in Singapore, girls that I know tend to believe that LDR will never work. When I got together with Mat, even my best friend was skeptical (she still is). But I realise none of that matters if I work hard at it, and believe that Mat is doing the same thing. Being a couple is a commitment between 2 person, and everyone else does not matter as much. I mean, IT IS a relationship with your other half, not all your friends, colleagues etc.

My parents have met him, and they love him. =) Although mom still asks me not to take it so seriously, considering its a LDR, I always tell her I trust Mat that he will never do anything to hurt me. Call me naive if you want, but I really do believe in him. But then again, my parents overcame distance and my paternal grandma, and look where they are now! Still happily married after almost 25 years of marriage.

Anyways, here is our story:

Mat and I were just friends playing World of Warcraft like a year ago. He was with his then-girlfriend and I was sorta drifting in and out of a 'temporary' relationship. We were guildmates and nothing more. I guess it started when he became single and we started flirting a little. I had the hots for his voice, never mind that I have never met him. It was always different when I'm talking with him, cause we have a lot in common, yet we're different in so many ways. He always made me laugh and feel precious, whereas my then-on-off boyfriend did not.

Because I was such a social butterfly, I had lots of pictures up in guild forums cause of all the events I organized for the Singapore clan of the guild. =P So he knew how I looked but I still have no idea about him. Then he sent me some of his dancing videos and boy, was I hooked. I'm a sucker for a guy that dances (especially break-dancing). =)

So we were just hanging out in Wow, when Mat decides to come over to Singapore for a week. So I went about making plans for a gathering to meet him, even though I had to work. We met and my first thought when I saw him was: He looks so cute! Haha.. We did not spend much time because of work, but we did went out during the nights and weekend. He was funny, friendly and very unlike all the boys I've dated.

After spending that week with him, I finally said goodbye to my ex to be with Mat and I've never looked back. It might sound so cruel, but its the best decision I have made and everyone is happy. Now Mat and I have been together for almost 8 months, and he'll be coming to see me again next week. =)

We've had our ups and downs, I mean who does not. But ultimately, like I've told everyone, I will want to be in the same place as Mat when I am able to. Meanwhile, I'll just work and explore the options I have until that time comes.

I hope you enjoyed my story. Post yours if you haven't already! *hint hint*
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment