Thursday 28 August 2008

Le sigh...

The previous post makes me sound mean, but I have to be mean to make sure I dun slip. Being mean does not become me, because I will try to be nice first, unless something changes it. In this instance, I have to be like that because frankly speaking, I'm not totally over him. It still hurts when he does things like that. Makes me soft and then I go into semi-depression mode which is bad for me. Survival of the fittest, we do what we have to do to survive in this dog eat dog world.

Sometimes, it's other mean people that make you feel as though you have to be mean to them. Like that's the only way they function.

Human behavior disgusts me sometimes. Especially when its selfish or demanding behavior. You see it everyday, be it outside when you're out shopping, when you're at work or even when you're at home. Being selfish and demanding sometimes in a way is good, but when it becomes a part of you, that's when people start seeing your ugly side.

-----
Example 1:
There was an uncle who was really rude and obnoxious whom I encountered on my way to work on the train this morning. He was sleeping, leaning the back of his head against the window, with his mouth wide open. It was a pretty funny sight, and made even funnier when he snorted and snored. But to the people around him, they would think that it would be just annoying and rude.

Later he woke up, and was talkign really loudly on his mobile phone. Just as he was about to get off the train, it jerked and some guy (let's just call him Mr. A) lost his balance and stepped on his feet. He gave Mr A a stare and sort-of scolded the guy, even though the Mr A was really apologetic.

My thoughts on the situation:
Him sleeping and making an embarrassment out of himself is his problem, not mine, just that he made himself look really uncultured. But when he scolded the poor guy for accidentally stepping on him, I thought that was just rude. It's not as though Mr A wanted to lose his balance and step on anyone. Him doing what he did embarrassed Mr A, and most probably spoilt the poor Mr A's day.

-----
Example 2:
I was at work, when this professional, pretty looking female (lets call her Ms B) walks in. She wanted to see the doctor, and proceeded to tell me she wanted to charge her medical fees under her company since it's under our contract listings. It was all good up till this point until she failed to produce her badge and if I were to follow procedure, I could have refused to let her charge it under her company.

I told her that it was compulsory for her to produce her badge for identification BUT being the nice person that I was, I said I could let it slide and that she should bring her badge the next time. Ms B got all aggro and said she could call her HR or whatever to talk to me to verify, and proceeded to tell me she was really sick and if I didn't want to let her see the doctor, then she could go to other doctor. Then she demanded her identity card back and walked off before I said anything.

My thoughts:
I was seriously pissed with her. I'm trying to be the nice person here and let it slide and she goes all aggro on me like I'm the difficult person here. What was worst was Ms B looked really professional and nice, which totally crushed my first impression of her when that happened.

-----
Moral of the story:
Never try to be a nice person first. If people are nice to you then you can start being nice to them.

Also, when there are no understanding between humans, there will never be any niceness in life. Just lots of misunderstandings and selfish behavior.
-----

The weekend is coming. I can't wait for it, so I can sleep in. Working full-time and studying part-time is starting to take a toll on me. I miss my mom, who's currently in Korea with dad right now. =(

I wanna have a holiday too....

No comments:

Post a Comment