Wednesday 17 February 2010

It's my birthday~!

So I turn 24 today..

It is also the 4th day of the Lunar New Year. I took the day off, so I dun have to be super busy today at work (because of all the people who wants to take a sickie off work for a longer holidays) and enjoy my birthday.

Turning another year old actually makes a just a tiny bit of difference. Like how much older I feel now... And mentally, I feel much more mature compared to before..

Today was a nice quiet day spent with the BF.

I woke up pretty late, and was greeted by these 2 extremely red eggs. Haha..

Traditionally, one would get a bowl of mien sien/mee suah in soup cooked with an egg, usually eaten by the birthday person on their special day. The BF didn't know how to make it, so he cooked hardboiled eggs instead. Haha.. Oh well, it was a nice thought and I ate both of them up.. =)

After that, we went over to Ikea and had chicken rice at one of the hawker place nearby. It was crowded with many office personnel out for CNY lunch too. When we were done, we headed over to Ikea to try to find ourselves a computer table big enough for both of our computers. Spent about 2 hours total there. Wanted to have their famous meatballs, but because we were still pretty stuffed from lunch, we decided to skip it as I was gonna make them again for my weekend gathering with some friends. Total damage for the Ikea trip was $555, which included the table, 2 chairs and some other knick knacks. I love Ikea~!

We went grocery shopping after because BF was gonna make me dinner. Haha.. Took a cab home and then he started making preparations.


It was spinach cheese tortellini in a tomato sauce with olives and garlic. YUM! He put in lots of onions and carrots and it was surprisingly good. He even did the dishes too.. Haha.. I could get used to that.

And just when I thought that was as good as the day could get.. He got me these....



Aww.... So sweet..


This has to be the best birthdays of my whole 24 years of life.. Haha.. I wonder what he is gonna do to top it next year.. =P

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. =)

1 comment:

  1. Awww that's very sweet and very romantic of him! Make sure he goes all out for all future birthdays too! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete