Tuesday 11 March 2008

Yay~!

Last week has been FUN~! The family went out to celebrate my parents' anniversary~! It was their 24 years together. =) So happy for them. I think Mikey and me are really lucky to have parents who are still together, are still happy and in love with each other in this time and age whereby divorce is so common. And because of this upbringing, I want to have what my parents have and find the right guy whom I will stay with forever until death do us part. Oh well, I guess I'll know when that guy shows up, won't I? *winkz*

Anyways... We went out on Thursday last week because Dad had something he needed to do on the actual day itself. So we celebrated the day after. At first, I was like:' Mom, you should just be going out with Dad! Why would you want me and Mikey tagging along.' I found out that night. It was because we could order more food to share and boy, did we have a seafood feast! We had prawns, pipis, mussels, oysters, fish and crabs! Let the pictures of the food tell us how the night was!


Drunken Prawns~! (directly translated) It was really yum with the chinese herbs and fresh prawns and of course, the alcohol in it! Yum~!


Sambal Mussels. The sauce was absolutely delish! Hot and spicy!! Me like...


Pipis fried with Ginger and Garlic. It was alright, very light. =)


Steamed Pa-Tin! Nice and fresh. I like fish!



Finale for the night. =) Chilli Crabs! It was really yum, the sauce was so awesome. I was dipping my fried 'mantou' with my fingers into the sauce. Hot, spicy and really thick sauce. You could just eat it with rice and nothing else. And also the crabs were meaty and fresh. The crab meat were practically falling apart. Haha..
*This picture is sorta to entice a certain Miss T to come over to Singapore~! *

-----

I made Korean BBQ meats for Sunday. I got the recipes off this Korean blogger, The Kitchen Wench, who shares her recipes with everyone. And the recipes were very identical to the Korean BBQ meats I had when I was in Sydney! So now I dun have to wait till I'm over in Australia to have Korean food! I took some pictures, but they were fuzzy, so I'm not going to post them. Also the fact that blogger is acting up and won't allow me to load more than 1 picture at a time is driving me nuts. I just spent almost 30 mins trying to load those few pictures.
I would be making more Korean dishes using her recipes.


So thats all the updates for me. I'm off to bed. =) Have a great week everyone. I hope this week passes asap. Someone is gonna be here next week! YAYS!

3 comments:

  1. /drools all over the crabs

    Gosh looking at the pictures certainly made my mouth water, especially when I'm about to have dinner at the moment. Now I have to be disappointed that it's not mud crabs I'm eating. Thanks a lot Ivy! :P

    Don't worry i'll plead with him until he gives up and takes me to Singa! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL..

    It's ok.. The crabs will be here until whenever you decide to come!

    Btw, I heard you guys are going to Malaysia soon? Maybe you can come down to Singapore for a few days. Since there's nothing much to do here cept for shopping and eating. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want mud crabs everyday! Can't get enough of them haha.

    Yeah we're going in early June. That's why I told him we can drop by Singa for even two days and that would be enough :D. I'm always keen for shopping and eating! Show us where yeah?!!

    ReplyDelete